Sunday, June 12, 2011

Yours in Health


Welcome to my new blog, "Healthy and Fabulous in Your 20s!". I'm dedicating this blog to women of all ethnicities, backgrounds, and lifestyles in their 20s. Your 20s is a formative period in your life which sets the tone for health from your 20s to your 80s.

The time to make your health a priority is NOW! I'll focus on every day issues that impact women in their 20s including weight loss, physical activity, prevention, pregnancy, and beyond. Feel free to post any topics you'd like me to focus on, in the comments section below.


So who am I? Me--I'm just your average 27 year old girl who's learned a lot in the past 7 years, including how important my health is. I'm currently working for a health communications firm (all posts and opinions are my own) and I'm a BodyPump instructor (group weightlifting class). In college, I lost 68 pounds through the help of WeightWatchers. Shortly after graduation, I became a group fitness instructor to share my passion for excercise (I LOVE it!). My first job allowed me the great pleasure of working with the Department of Health and Human Services' Office on Women's Health. I had the amazing opportunity to work on such programs including BodyWorks (an obesity prevention toolkit) and National Women's Health Week. Today, I've sadly gained some of the weight I've lost and have seen my female family members go thru ups and downs in their health. I figure the best way to share my passion was through this blog. You'll join me as I learn to create permanent healthy lifestyle changes. Knowledge is power and creating an online conversation is a tool to reach this power. So I hope you'll join me.

I enjoy getting to know my followers as we embark on a new path to healthier, happier lives.

Yours in Health,

Rose

1 comment: