Monday, August 22, 2011

Let's Discuss: Male or Female Gyno?

By the time we are in our 20s, we probably have an idea of who we prefer to become our partners in health and that includes our gyno. Though at the end of the day, I'm sure many of us aren't counting down the days until our next exam, right? So when its actually our time, we want to be sure we're as comfortable as possible, and a big part of that is who your gyno is, i.e. their education, expierence,...and their gender.

Earlier today, I had an interesting "debate" with a two of my friends about our preferences for a male or female gyno. It's interesting to see how women widely vary in thier preferences. Every time I have this conversation with women, I always hear different reasons on why they have their preference for male or female. Instead of me telling you which I prefer, I'd love to hear from you!


Photo Credit: TVFanatic

Which do you prefer (male? female? doesn't matter?) Or put it this way--would you want a "Miranda Bailey" or a "Kurev" from Grey's Anatomy to be your gyno?And why?  Have any expierences that made you have this preference? I want to know! Feel free to leave anonymous comments below if you're hestitant about discussing such "personal" issues.



2 comments:

  1. I have had both and in my experience the female gyno was far mor rough and not as gentle, l love my current gyno so much I want him to deliver my baby! [When I get prego, of course]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also had both and prefer a male. Infact I love my obgyn so much I don't want to find a new one here in Boston and will make a special trip to DC when its time for my appointment.

    ReplyDelete