Monday, June 13, 2011

Rep Your City: Make it Healthy!

Where does your city stack up in women's health? Did it make SELF magazine's top 10 list in 2009? If not, now's the time to join  SELF's 20ll Healthy Cities Program. This is your chance to be a women's health advocate in your city. All it takes are some simple steps that you can start today, including:
  • Eating 5 cups of fruits and veggies every day.
  • Exercise for 30 minutes a day.
Want to take it to the next level and really change your cities health? Consider one or both of the following:
  • Asking your community center or local church to donate space for a community vegetable garden.
  • Organize a run/walk event to donate funds to a local health/fitness charity.

Who's with me? Tell me where your city currently stands in rankings and how you'll do your part to make it healther in the comments below. It can even be an idea that's not listed above.  Want to interact with other women joining the program? Check out this Gatorade GSeries Get Fit Community Forum with weekly tips/advice on how you can make your city health.

My city made top 2 in 2009, but why stop there? I'm reaching for #1! And all my Montgomery County ladies, I hope you'll join me!


*Photo Credits: SELF Magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment