Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Personal Touch to HealthyFab20s: My Weight Loss Journey

First, I'd like to all those who have read and supported my blog. It's been a work in progress and something that I've really come to love and enjoy. With that, I want to bring this blog to its fullest potential in helping other fellow women, especially my fellow 20somethings, live a healthy and happy life. After talking with many of my friends and family, I've realized that weight loss or maintence is a huge part of a 20somethings life.

So what better way to help other women by sharing my personal weight loss journey? Quick Story:  3 years ago, I lost 68 lbs via WeightWatchers. But since those 3 years, I've gained all of it back. It's been incredibly fustrating, discouraging, depressing, etc. I know what it takes to lose the weight, I know what it feels like to be fit--I also know what it feels like to gain a lot of weight back, to not feel fit, and to feel out of control.

So here I am today, ready to get back to where I was before. I want to be fit so I can wear the cute clothes I've saved in my closet, to teach BodyAttack without gasping for air, and to feel good about myself once again. I'm doing this for me and no one else.

I'll be giving monthly check-ins on my progress and what I've learned a long the way. My short-term goal is to train to complete the Warrior Dash in May, which will include a 5k obstacle course. I can barely run a mile, so to run three while also jumping over fire, crawling through mud, and climbing a wall seems a bit intimidating to me. My goal is to finish, even if I'm in last place.

I've already lost 7 lbs before this post, but I'm going to use my current weight as a starting point.

Current stats:
  • Weight 238.1
  • Waist: 48 inches
  • Chest: 45 inches
  • Hips: 52 inches
  • Jean size: 16/18
Below is a pic of me from a 5k that I walked. I know it's a bit far away, but with my measurements listed above, I'm fine with that ;). Right now, I'm using MyFitnessPal to track my calories and workouts, if you're on there, be sure to add me as a friend (username: rosemh83). Be sure to check in next month for updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment