Tuesday, November 8, 2011

4 Mobile Apps to Keep You HealthyFab Every Day!

Photo Credit: SheKnows.com
It seems like every time I log onto Facebook, somebody uses their phone to update their status, post a pic, or check-in to a resturaunt. This got me thinking--how can our phones help us instantly stay up-to-date for our health? Below are a few free apps that I use myself or a few that I think would be perfect for a 20something gal.:

  • P tracker: If you're like me, you're too lazy to mark your period in a regular calendar, let alone carry one around with you. With this app, you have the convience of tracking it with your phone, which you're more likely to use on a daily basis. You're able to note things like the heaviness/lightness of your flow, your mood, level of cramps, and if you were intimate. This app can also tell you when your ovulating, fertile, and when you're next period should start.
  • MyFitnessPal: I currently use this app to track my food and fitness activity each day. Getting a MyFitnessPal account is free and easy to use--and so is the app! It's not complicated and closely matches what you see on the actual website. So if you're looking to lose weight or maintain, be sure to check this app out.
  • Jillian Micheals Slim Down Solution (iPhone only): I haven't used this myself, but I like it for two reasons. 1) It's free. 2) It's Jillian Micheals, who I love and admire. She gives you great workout suggestions, so it's like having a little Jillian in your purse!
  • WebMD: Whether I'd like to admit or not, I usually go straight to WebMD to find out more about a condition or to look up symptoms to find out what the issue could be before I go to the doctor. Now you don't have to wait until you're in front of a computer. From local health listings, to a first aid emergency guide--you'll be covered no matter where you go.

Have I left any of your favorite women's health apps? Don't be greedy, share them in the comments section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment